Principal Mechanical Engineer
Aperia is unlocking a new era of efficiency and sustainability for commercial vehicle fleets, by developing innovative hardware and data analytics solutions. Inventors of the award- winning and disruptive Halotm Automatic Tire Inflator, and the cloud delivered Halo Connect tire analytics platform. Aperia saves fleets thousands of hours of down-time every week, reduces the carbon footprint and environmental impact of the freight industry. Join us as we expand our product offering and take the next steps on our journey toward bringing the "backbone of our economy" into the automation age.
This position is Onsite
We are searching for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to contribute to our talented team. In this role, you will be expected to take the lead on a variety of projects - from early-stage design to late stage validation efforts – while guiding and lifting the team around you. You will lead your colleagues on large design projects. You will talk with customers to devise product requirements. You will formulate early concepts and garner feedback from stakeholders. You will work with suppliers to get designs production ready. You will create validation plans and design test fixtures. You will perform field installs and collect real-world feedback. You will produce world-class products to excel in some of the world’s harshest environments. You will do all this and more while participating on a collaborative team as we build some of the most reliable, capable products on the road today.
- Design and optimize next generation products, including concept generation, analysis, CAD, prototyping, DFM, DFA and user studies.
- Lead design projects, including mentoring and guiding less experienced engineers.
- Uphold good documentation practices, including keeping comprehensive design journals and test reports.
- Develop test plans and required testing fixtures and test flows.
- Document and communicate effectively.
Design Experience / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience leading projects and guiding small teams comprised of engineers and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strong competency in the following:
- Systems thinking and the ability to understand the driving variables within a system.
- Mechanical design and analysis of dynamic electro-mechanical systems.
- Mechanical aptitude, hands-on assembly, modification, and tweaking/tinkering.
- Electromechanical workings, sensor integration, motor control, data logging, and test automation.
- LabVIEW, MATLAB, Excel, C++ (or similar micro controller programming language).
- Simulation tools within CAD programs (SolidWorks is a plus).
- 3D CAD (SolidWorks or similar).
- Teamwork, collaboration, and mentorship of teammates.
- Familiarity in the following:
- Test fixture design; fabrication; hands-on assembly, calibration, adjustment, and modification
- Reliability science concepts and application
- Accelerated test methods and application: vibration, thermal
- Weibull statistical analysis
- Mechatronics, microcontrollers, motorized systems, robotics
- Data science, manipulating large datasets
- Fabrication via machining, welding, bolted assemblies, 3D printing, laser cutting
- Pneumatic systems
Pay Range: $170,000 - $200,000
*Base salary only. Salary dependent on multiple factors including, but not limited to, experience and location.
**Additional compensation may include equity, bonuses, stipends, medical, dental, vision, 401-k, and long-term disability insurance.
Something looks off?