Aperia is unlocking a new era of efficiency and sustainability for commercial vehicle fleets, by developing innovative hardware and data analytics solutions. Inventors of the award- winning and disruptive Halotm Automatic Tire Inflator, and the cloud delivered Halo Connect tire analytics platform. Aperia saves fleets thousands of hours of down-time every week, reduces the carbon footprint and environmental impact of the freight industry. Join us as we expand our product offering and take the next steps on our journey toward bringing the "backbone of our economy" into the automation age.
This is an Onsite Position
This is an opportunity for an entry level firmware engineer to play a crucial role in the maturation of our Halo Connect platform to perform at even larger scale while also collaborating with other parts of the larger engineering team to bring new diverse feature sets and next generation hardware to the automotive market. You will work in a high-communication environment as part of a team of empowered engineers who have passion for the products they work on and care about their end users. We’re looking forward to you sharing your experience and working together to make Halo and Halo Connect something we’re all proud of. Since we are still a small organization, your contributions will have a big impact on the product, our company, and our customers.
- Implementing new features as an individual and in collaboration with others.
- Contributing to the implementation of wireless communication interfaces, state machines, fault detection, and hardware control algorithms in an iterative work environment.
- Working with other engineering disciplines and field technicians to understand problems, experiment with and propose solutions, and refine requirements.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotics Engineering, or Computer Science (other degrees acceptable depending on experience).
- Curiosity and passion for developing and deploying firmware in products with a preference for the Internet of Things (IoT) space. Experience in control systems preferred.
- Proficient with C as used in resource constrained, embedded environments.
- Budding knowledge of memory management, interrupt service routines, bootloaders, and over-the-air firmware management.
- Emerging knowledge of common hardware interfaces such as GPIO, SPI, I2C, UART, and NFC.
- Hands on experience validating and troubleshooting firmware/hardware systems using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, debuggers, advanced digital multimeters, and dataloggers.
- A healthy appreciation of how coding architecture and implementation impacts real-world performance such as battery life, signal acquisition, wireless performance, and overall product stability.
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent, curious, and driven to learn and improve.
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills.
- Master's Degree in a related Engineering discipline would be a plus.
Pay Range: $90,000- $115,000
*Base salary only. Salary dependent on multiple factors including, but not limited to, experience and location.
**Additional compensation may include equity, bonuses, stipends, medical, dental, vision, 401-k, and long-term disability insurance.
Something looks off?