Senior Platform Engineer
Aperia is unlocking a new era of efficiency and sustainability for commercial vehicle fleets, by developing innovative hardware and data analytics solutions. Inventors of the award- winning and disruptive Halotm Automatic Tire Inflator, and the cloud delivered Halo Connect tire analytics platform. Aperia saves fleets thousands of hours of down-time every week, reduces the carbon footprint and environmental impact of the freight industry. Join us as we expand our product offering and take the next steps on our journey toward bringing the "backbone of our economy" into the automation age.
This Role is Remote onsite as needed.
As a Senior Platform Engineer you will be a key member of the team responsible for our IoT platform and internal data products that drive the success of Halo Connect™. This role involves a high level of technical expertise, including architecture, design, development, and performance optimization. We are looking for professionals who have a strong background in software engineering, a deep understanding of cloud and IoT technologies, and the ability to efficiently drive consensus at the implementation level to create industry leading solutions. The services that you deploy will be instrumental in the success of HaloConnect™ as a product and Aperia Technologies as a whole.
- Contribute to the design and development of robust, scalable and reliable platforms.
- Regularly ensure platform stability, scalability and performance, develop and maintain APIs for platform integration to ensure the growth of an ecosystem of customers and API producers.
- Proactively implement automation tools to ensure efficient deployment and operations.
- Provide technical guidance, mentorship, and support to junior developers, fostering a culture of continuous growth and learning within the team.
- Regularly collaborate with cross functional teams to align platform development with business goals.
- Lead the evaluation and adoption of new technologies and practices to ensure continuous improvement in platform architecture and development process as needed.
- Regularly oversee project timelines and deliverables by communicating effectively with stakeholders regarding technical strategies and progress.
- Collaborate with the support team to investigate and resolve complex technical issues in a timely manner, to ensure smooth operation of our platform.
- Continuously drive innovation and platform development by upholding high standards in code quality and system security.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (other degrees considered based on experience)
- 6+ years of experience in Platform Engineering.
- Extensive knowledge of software development methodologies, object-oriented design principles, and design patterns.
- Amazon Web Services Certified Solutions Architect ( equivalent experience also considered )
- Proven experience in designing and developing IoT products with large install base
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong documentation skills
Pay Range: $150,000 - $160,000
*Base salary only. Salary dependent on multiple factors including, but not limited to, experience and location.
**Additional compensation may include equity, bonuses, stipends, medical, dental, vision, 401-k, and long-term disability insurance.