Field Technician - Automotive
Aperia is unlocking a new era of efficiency and sustainability for commercial vehicle fleets, by developing innovative hardware and data analytics solutions. Inventors of the award- winning and disruptive Halotm Automatic Tire Inflator, and the cloud delivered Halo Connect tire analytics platform. Aperia saves fleets thousands of hours of down-time every week, reduces the carbon footprint and environmental impact of the freight industry. Join us as we expand our product offering and take the next steps on our journey toward bringing the "backbone of our economy" into the automation age.
This Is a Remote Position.
As a Field Technician you will be responsible for delivering on-site services, including installations, repairs, maintenance and hands-on training of product installations to our customers. Serving as the face of our company in direct interaction with customers, your role is vital to how Aperia is presented to the public. This role ensures that our products operate efficiently and that our customers’ issues are resolved to their satisfaction.
- Setup and install our products at client locations to ensure that installations are carried out according to company guidelines and industry standards.
- Routinely perform maintenance on equipment to ensure optimal functionality.
- Diagnose our hardware and software malfunctions through a variety of methods including diagnostics software and physical inspection.
- Repair or replace malfunctioning components or products, in collaboration with the Engineering team when needed.
- Offer technical support, training to customers post-installations, address and resolve customer complaints in a professional and timely manner.
- Complete detailed service reports for each job, noting any outstanding issues or potential problems and maintain records of maintenance, repair and required updates of the product or components.
- Regularly collaborate with internal teams and offer feedback from field observations to improve process and product design.
- Maintain stock of necessary parts and equipment to ensure prominent management and dispose of replaced parts or old parts.
- Stay updated with the latest technological advancements and company products by attending training and seminars as required.
- Adhere to all company safety protocols and industry regulations while on-site by using protective equipment to ensure a safe environment for both yourself and the customer.
- Technical degree or certification in a related field.
- Previous experience as a field technician or in a related role.
- Strong Problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently.
- Familiarity with mobile tools and applications
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment, sometimes up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand, climb, bend, and crouch for extended periods of time.
- Manual dexterity for handling tools and equipment.
- Majority of work is on-site at customers locations, which can vary from indoor setting to outdoor setting in various weather conditions.
- Up to 80-100% travel is required.
- Weekend travel flexibility.
Pay Range: $75,000- $85,000
*Base salary only. Salary dependent on multiple factors including, but not limited to, experience and location.
**Additional compensation may include equity, bonuses, stipends, medical, dental, vision, 401-k, and long-term disability insurance.