Director, Corporate Marketing
Who We Are
Cobalt was founded on the belief that pentesting can be better. Our pentests start in as little as 24 hours and integrate with modern development cycles thanks to the powerful combination of a SaaS platform coupled with an exclusive community of testers known as the Cobalt Core. Accepting just 5% of applicants, the Core boasts over 400 closely vetted and highly skilled testers who jointly conduct thousands of tests each year.
Our award-winning, fully remote team is committed to helping agile businesses remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. Today, over 1,000 customers use Cobalt to run pentests on demand via Pentest as a Service, AKA PtaaS, a space which Cobalt pioneered (you could even say we wrote the book on it) and continues to lead.
We are looking for an exceptional Director, Corporate Marketing to build a world-class brand, communications, and digital marketing engine. Unleash the storytelling of Cobalt’s vision, mission, values and the business outcomes we deliver. Help tell the story behind our company and our solutions in a way that builds trust and connects with customers, partners, and employees. Establish our brand and our executives as thought-leaders. Promote Cobalt through a strong thought leadership program, brand messaging and creative, web and social media, PR, and employee branding and communications. You are a driven and engaged senior leader with a successful track record of building and leading brand, digital and communications globally.
What You'll Do
- As a senior leader on the marketing team, you will contribute to the definition of the strategic objectives for marketing and build strong working relationships to deliver as a team.
- Define, refine, steward and continually innovate a compelling brand strategy, brand architecture, voice, style and creative experiences that inspire, clarify and differentiate who Cobalt is to customers, partners, investors and employees. Partner with Product Marketing to ensure consistency of branding, messaging and positioning across product portfolio, service offerings, and all internal and external communications. Identify the topics where Cobalt should be driving the conversation and execute a strategy to increase consideration of our brand.
- Develop standards, systems and best practices for creative services, content creation, distribution, and maintenance.
- Partner with Legal and Finance to ensure consistency of company messaging and positioning in alignment with the brand. Monitor brand to surface current and emerging issues that might undermine our ability to successfully attract and retain investors, customers and employees.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive web marketing strategy to drive traffic and conversions. Lead the overall web experience, information architecture and key page templates to ensure a consistent, high quality experience for customers, prospects and employees. Partner with Growth marketing on KPIs across SEO/discoverability, awareness, acquisition, engagement, and pipeline. Establish a web content process to ensure editorial consistency across the site. Define and refine our web technology stack and key integrations.
- Drive the strategy and optimize Cobalt’s social media presence. Define the role that social plays in the brand and demand generation strategies, mobilize employees and influencers, execute social campaigns, and monitor performance.
- Partner with HR, Chief of Staff and Core Community on employer branding and internal communications to attract and retain talent improving talent pipeline, employee engagement and retention.
- Own a corporate marketing dashboard that provides visibility into key initiatives and performance against goals/OKRs.
- Manage, build, and lead a strong team by recruiting, coaching and developing team members.
- 8+ years of experience in corporate marketing, brand, or communications in the cybersecurity industry
- 2-3 years management experience
- Experience with B2B Software-as-a-Service offerings
- Experience evolving a brand’s position to a new market category aligned with current market and customer priorities
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior leadership and garner high levels of credibility and trust
- Able to coordinate across many teams and perform in a fast-moving startup environment
- Proven ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision
- BA/BS degree, MBA desired
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) or pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US) or statutory healthcare (EU)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off, and 16-weeks of paid parental leave
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK, or Germany
Pay Range Disclosure
Cobalt is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $200,000 - 230,000 per year + equity + benefits. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, and certifications. The salary range may differ in other states and may be impacted by proximity to major metropolitan cities.
Something looks off?