Director, Product Management
Who We Are
Cobalt was founded on the belief that pentesting can be better. Our pentests start in as little as 24 hours and integrate with modern development cycles thanks to the powerful combination of a SaaS platform coupled with an exclusive community of testers known as the Cobalt Core. Accepting just 5% of applicants, the Core boasts over 400 closely vetted and highly skilled testers who jointly conduct thousands of tests each year.
Our award-winning, fully remote team is committed to helping agile businesses remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. Today, over 1,000 customers use Cobalt to run pentests on demand via Pentest as a Service, AKA PtaaS, a space which Cobalt pioneered (you could even say we wrote the book on it) and continues to lead.
As a Director, Product Management you will be responsible for leading a team of product managers and ensuring a world class experience for customers of Cobalt.
Specifically, you’ll be responsible for four product teams outlined below:
- Platform: Integrations - a team focused on integrating our platform into the ecosystem of developer and security tooling
- Platform: Collaboration - a team focused on the collaboration and analytics experience inside the platform
- Platform: Foundations - a team focused on the foundational components of the platform including authentication, authorization, and permissions
- Marketplace: Planning - a team focused on planning and starting any security test at Cobalt
You’ll be responsible for growing and leading this team of product managers. It will be your responsibility to develop your team, ensuring happy and healthy team members and working with them to grow their own careers.
We’re looking for a hands-on product leader, someone who has been there and done that. Specifically, a leader who can go deep into the weeds alongside their product managers and work closely with engineers, while also maintaining a strategic view to ensure we’re iterating in the right direction.
This is a remote opportunity to be based in either the U.S., UK, or Germany, and will report to the Chief Product Officer.
What You'll Do
- Lead a team of four PMs that deliver customer value every sprint
- Contribute to the product culture of iterative improvements, and minimal viable thinking. Lead by example to break features down into the smallest possible unit of value to ensure rapid delivery
- Ensure the near term roadmap is well defined and within the scope of the broader 3 year product and company strategy
- Work with customers, users, and other teams to understand opportunities and work alongside your team to break those opportunities into actionable features
- Deeply understand the Cobalt platform and customer experience to ensure you are able to highlight friction points and conduct regular product walkthroughs
- Ensure strong business acumen and skills are cultivated by the team in order to create opportunity charters allowing them to make good prioritization decisions
- Author release announcements and blogs for key features and any other exciting product news
- Work closely with your product managers to understand their career ambitions and collaborate with them to create career plans to achieve them
- Maintain a high employee net promoter score by listening, responding, and activating on behalf of your team
- Work closely with design, product operations, engineering, product marketing, customer success, delivery, and sales leadership to ensure input from all stakeholders and to promote a culture of sharing and collaboration.
- Exemplify and coach the Cobalt core values
- Contribute strategic improvements to how the Product Leadership Team operates
- Contribute to the 3 year product/company strategy by identifying new areas of investment for productized security services
- Take new initiatives from 0 to 1. Work with customers and users to validate solutions to real security problems and collaborate with cross-functional team members to bring offerings to general availability
- Proactively identify problems and creatively propose solutions
- Work in a high documentation asynchronous environment. Lead by example by writing things down and making proposals
- Serve as an expert of the entire Cobalt customer journey and system. You’ll understand the connection between pricing, packaging, test scoping, user value, features, and how this delicate ecosystem works
- 10+ years of work experience in product management and previous experience working within cybersecurity industry
- 3+ years experience managing a team
- Strong people management experience in executing cross-functional projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You’re great at explaining highly technical topics to technical and non technical audiences, with a talent for building empathy for user problems
- A can-do attitude and ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- A passion for delivering an outstanding user experience
- Experience working with global team members
- Experience working closely with engineering, product design, product marketing, and other stakeholders
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) or pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US) or statutory healthcare (EU)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off, and 16-weeks of paid parental leave
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK, or Germany
Pay Range Disclosure
Cobalt is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $210,000 to $250,000 per year + equity + benefits. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, and certifications. The salary range may differ in other states and may be impacted by proximity to major metropolitan cities.
Something looks off?