Cobalt Core Pentester
Who We Are
The Cobalt Core is a community of highly skilled security pentesters who are passionate about what they do and who are always striving to be at the top of their game. This curated community is made up by security professionals with many years of experience as well as talented pentesters who are eager to learn the trade and show their skills. They all have a strong drive to keep up to date on the latest vulnerabilities and exploits, and the tools and methodologies to find them.
A member of the Cobalt Core believes that sharing ideas and collaborating with peers is the best way to achieve good results.
If you believe you would be a good fit to join the Cobalt Core, and you are eager to contribute to the community and participate in the Pentests running on Cobalt please apply. If you are currently residing in the USA, please apply here.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of Pentesting or similar experience
- Professional demeanor
- Respectful towards others
- Take pride in the work you produce
- Strong work ethic with attention to detail
- Desire to be an expert within your field
- Deep understanding of application security
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Collaborative spirit
What You'll Do
- Perform manual penetration testing of web applications, APIs, internal and external networks, iOS and Android mobile applications
- Work as a member of a pentest team, collaborating and engaging directly with the client
- Document in detail the results of assessments, audits, tests, and verification activities
- Perform manual validation of vulnerabilities
- Perform mobile and web app pentesting for OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities.
- The following certifications are a plus:
- CREST, PenTest+, GPEN, CEH, OSCP, AWS, CISSP, eCPPT, eWAPT, OSCE, OSWE
Application Process: Applicants need only apply once and may not receive a response from our team. We review applications on a rolling basis and will reach out to a candidate should there be a mutual alignment. Repeated inquiries after applying and across social media is not favorable.
- Application - Becoming part of the Cobalt Core is a highly selective process, and only the best applicants will be invited to next steps in the on boarding process. Preference will be given to applicants who come referred by other Cobalt Core pentesters.
- Chat with a Cobalt representative - Get to know about Cobalt and how we work. We will also want to know about you, your experience, strengths and what drives you. If we all think it's a great fit, we will explore how we can work together!
- Getting setup on the Cobalt platform + Background Check & ID Verification - In this step we will make sure you are all set up for success, and we will also ask you to pass a Background Check & ID Verification.
- Start working on cool projects!
Please note that this is not an entry level position.