Machine Learning Engineer
Machine Learning Engineer
Our mission is to bring transparency and clarity to the world's data and democratize data-centric AI.
Why data-centric? Because nothing hinders AI systems more than poor quality data, and years of academic and industry experience have led us to the insight that the secret to getting machine learning models into production lies in improving datasets, not model architectures.
Our platform, FiftyOne, is a critical component of the modern AI stack.
It empowers individuals and enterprises with flexible workflows that help them develop a deep understanding of their data, curate rich datasets, train better models, and build performant AI systems. Our enterprise customers span sectors like healthcare, robotics, automotive, agriculture, retail, and more.
We also believe that open source is the way to lead the data-centric AI revolution. Our open source version provides the building blocks for dataset analysis and integrates with complementary solutions across the AI ecosystem. Tens of thousands of engineers and scientists use it everyday to get hands-on with their data, visualize complex labels, evaluate models, explore scenarios, identify failure modes, improve annotations, and much more.
Achieving our mission requires outstanding people on our outstanding team. Are you ready to help us bring transparency and clarity to the world’s data? Apply now to join our fully-remote team!
About your role
As a machine learning engineer at Voxel51, you’ll collaborate with a team that delivers features to support dataset curation, model analysis, and integrations that span the entire machine learning lifecycle. You’ll build powerful and extensible methods that users interact with via both API and no-code workflows, and you’ll solve unique challenges that arise when working with unstructured data (images and video). You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a thriving open source community while also emphasizing enterprise-grade engineering for our commercial products.
Every member of our fully-remote team is empowered to own their work and play an active role in advancing our mission to democratize data-centric ML.
What you will do
- Design and develop open source and enterprise methods for curating unstructured datasets and analyzing ML models
- Build powerful and extensible APIs and methods that are used by individuals, startups, and enterprise ML teams
- Take an active role in informing company technical strategy to create the leading data-centric ML product
What you should bring
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience developing ML products and software systems
- BS or MS in computer science or a related field
- Proficiency with Python
- Expertise with machine learning and scientific computing libraries (TensorFlow, PyTorch, NumPy)
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, DocumentDB, Elasticsearch)
- Experience maintaining or contributing to open source projects (or the passion to start!)
- Ability to work in a remote-first, cooperative environment using collaborative development tools (GitHub, Slack)
- Passion for elegant software engineering