Salary Range: $80-100K + variable bonus ~10% of total compensation
Founded in Pittsburgh, PA by Carnegie Mellon University alumni, BlastPoint is a data-driven, AI based customer intelligence product company. We sell our proven SaaS based technology to mid-sized and large organizations. Our unique data-driven customer intelligence technology allows organizations to develop predictive, action-ready, objective-oriented insights: from developing customer strategies, to optimizing customer engagement, to enabling the overall customer journey. BlastPoint’s key differentiator is its highly targeted, objective-driven intelligence.
BlastPoint is growing rapidly (300%-400% YoY), and has multiple large customers already established (billion dollars +). BlastPoint is presently engaged with large utilities, insurance and banking institutions, as well as large automakers, including Electric Vehicle manufacturers and customers in other related industries. With our rapid growth and proven technology, we are looking to build our sales team quickly for continued growth and expansion into multiple industries and countries.
Why You Should Work for Us
Focus: Everyone at BlastPoint is highly motivated and driven for success. BlastPoint’s unique technology has brought significant results to our customers, creating huge opportunities for growth and developing a brand in the customer intelligence domain. BlastPoint offers an open culture to its employees, allowing them to bring new ideas and offer freedom in achieving results and objectives.
Growth: BlastPoint is poised to make a difference in customer intelligence space and is at the brink of multifold growth. BlastPoint is a fit for anyone who wants to grow their career fast, take challenges, and make it big.
Solve Challenging Problems: Customer intelligence is required in every aspect of business. BlastPoint’s platform incorporates cutting-edge approaches to geospatial data, machine learning, psychographic clustering, data enrichment, and a dynamic visualization environment–all at scale.
Have An Impact: Small but mighty, BlastPoint’s growth is due to big companies increasingly trusting us with supporting key decisions using their most sensitive data. What we do positively impacts the lives of millions of Americans (and beyond).
Make Positive Change in the World: BlastPoint is all about green value. Our solutions reduce paper consumption, help struggling families pay their bills, and promote clean energy. We also offer our platform for free to nonprofits and civic-oriented organizations.
Employee-Focused Culture: We support the individual needs of our team, from schedule and time-off flexibility to generous compensation benefits. We also tailor growth opportunities, from skills training to industry conferences.
Compensation Range: 80-110K + Variable Bonus ~10% of total compensation
We are seeking a market making product leader to help our customers or prospects in the energy, mobility, and financial services space benefit from the full value of Blastpoint’s AI-driven data insights and precision marketing platform. The role, reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, will be a client facing role responsible for both driving current revenue goals of strategic accounts in addition to sensing key areas to improve and enrich our current roadmap. While the business will need an adaptive leader, we can imagine a rough allocation of your time in the following way (open to debate):
- Direct customer/usability research: 25%
- Customer/product demos and supporting training/onboarding: 15%
- Input/guidance of the overall product roadmap: 10%
- Product Marketing (literal writing of blog posts, conducting webinars/training, community building, brainstorming campaign themes, planning product announcements, etc): 15%
- Strategic account support/onboarding/acquisition (pre-sales support, attending conferences/trade shows): 25%
- Long term/exploratory R&D or strategic partnership development: 10%
You will work closely with our sales team, leveraging your strong communication skills and analytic/data expertise to ensure our AI solutions meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Collaborate with customers, sales teams, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand customer needs, pain points, and desired outcomes.
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to identify trends, market opportunities, and customer demands.
- Translate customer feedback and market insights into clear product requirements, user stories, and feature enhancements.
- Work closely with the engineering and design teams to drive the development and delivery of high-quality AI software solutions.
- Define and prioritize product features and enhancements based on customer feedback, market analysis, and business objectives.
- Communicate the product roadmap and vision to internal teams, customers, and stakeholders, ensuring alignment and buy-in.
- Partner with the sales team to provide product expertise, support customer engagements, and address customer-specific requirements.
- Monitor product performance, adoption, and customer satisfaction metrics to identify areas for improvement and recommend product optimizations.
- Stay updated on emerging AI technologies, industry trends, and best practices in product management.
Qualifications (these are important, please read) and considerations:
- You have launched something before that you had to iterate over 2-3 quarters (minimum)
- You can actively use modern tools like generative AI and virtual whiteboards (think miro, mural, etc)
- You love, not tolerate, making plans that are accountable in places like Asana, etc
- You don’t mind explaining WHY you think something will work…with evidence
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- You live a GROWTH mindset
- Demonstrated experience in product management (at least 2 years, this is not a first time PM opp), preferably in the software industry or AI technologies – some marketing and sales experience a distinct bonus
- Strong understanding of AI concepts, technologies, and their applications in real-world scenarios. You should be excited to explain, to an average/non technical person, the VALUE of AI not just the tech
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively engage with customers, sales teams, and internal stakeholders and not sound defensive
- Proven ability to translate customer feedback and market insights into actionable product requirements that can be quantified beyond user delight e.g., if we build X, we can get clients/prospects A, B, and C to commit to $
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a data-driven approach to decision-making. This means you can really get around in excel (pivot table+ skills)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities effectively. This mean you default to urgency without doing work for works sake, a delicate balance but an important one
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies and product management frameworks to use as guides and adapt to your day to day
Some tools and tech we use: