Director of New Business Development
Director of New Business Development
Remote, Pittsburgh, PA Headquarters Office
Salary: $130,000 base, $230,000 OTE
POSITION TITLE: Director of New Business Development
REPORTS TO: Tomer Borenstein, Co-Founder and CRO
DATE: TBD (ASAP)
COMPENSATION: 50% base + 50% Bonus/Commission + Earnable Equity + Benefits
Highlighted Benefits (among many others):
- Work at Pittsburgh’s award winner for best places to work
- Fast paced, zero BS work environment
- Quickly growing team with room for immediate advancement
- Bonus based on team goals and outcomes
- Comprehensive Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 3-weeks paid vacation
- 10 paid holidays
BlastPoint is actively seeking a dynamic Sales leader to amplify our current momentum. As a senior sales leader, you will lead part of the charge in developing and executing key sales strategies, own deals for the full sales cycle (with a focus on mid-to-late pipeline), build and nurture high-performing sales team members, and drive revenue growth across all company products and services. To start, this role will focus 80% on new customer acquisition and 20% on management and strategy.
Key Job Duties:
- Grow BlastPoint’s New Business Revenue sustainably. You will be accountable for meeting BlastPoint’s New Business Revenue targets.
- Develop and implement comprehensive sales strategies to achieve and exceed revenue targets leading to significant (venture-backed) growth year-over-year
- Own deals for the full sales cycle, with a focus on mid-pipeline-to-close, acting as a “Senior AE” in this capacity.
- Build and manage BlastPoint’s sales team, nurturing high-performing sales team members (team members acting in a “Junior AE” capacity).
Additional Job Duties:
- Help and directly support the right timing and messages from marketing going to the right decision makers.
- Define, refine, or adapt sales strategy, ideal customer profiles, or other activities related to revenue growth.
- Be the ultimate closer: know how to close, when to action tactics that accelerate closings and be a fierce, thoughtful negotiator.
- Build, mentor, and manage a high-performing sales team, ensuring they are equipped to meet their sales objectives with a focus on developing and tracking team performance metrics.
- Shape daily, weekly, and monthly rituals to align and accelerate both individual and team outcomes which includes specific deal closing, renewals, and go to market launches.
- Provide regular reports on sales performance, key sales team activities, and overall pipeline health.
- Represent the company at industry events, conferences, and networking opportunities to build brand presence and develop new business opportunities.
- Keep a constant pulse and be able to communicate market dynamics and competitive analysis to inform strategic decisions.
- Be the CRM czar: everything happens and only exists if it’s in the CRM. You are the ultimate power user (today we use Hubspot), and you are willing to report, live, and create value centered around our central systems.
- Recruit, train, and mentor sales personnel, fostering a culture of success and continuous improvement.
- Engage with key clients to understand their needs and tailor solutions that align with their goals, thereby fostering long-term partnerships by closely coordinating with customer success and onboarding teams.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure a cohesive approach to market penetration and product promotion with a special focus on enabling and empowering product marketing.
- Conduct regular sales forecasts and strategize to overcome potential shortfalls.
- Provide insightful feedback to product development teams based on client needs and market trends.
- Create and shape insightful sales stories with design support that quantifies the co-creation of value with our clients AND be accountable to inspiring our current and prospective clients to talk about BlastPoint and its various offerings
- An entrepreneurial mindset.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in sales leadership roles, preferably in a technology or SaaS environment.
- A willingness to use our platform and tool and live the customer experience (we ask every executive to be able to demonstrate the key value of the tool within 3 weeks of being onboarded).
- The ability to teach and empower product demos that delight and create a sense of urgency in customer/prospect decision making.
- A willingness to still carry a direct quota on strategic accounts and lead on enterprise procurement processes directly (e.g. a Request for Proposal processes, typical contract procurement, etc…)
- Proven track record of developing successful sales strategies and achieving sales targets that show significant new client/logo growth and farming existing accounts.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in building and managing sales teams.
- Excellent communication, proven negotiation superpowers, and interpersonal skills.
- Deep understanding of sales metrics and the ability to interpret and leverage data to drive sales strategy via CRM (we use Hubspot).
- Experience with AI sales and enablement tools ranging from note-taking tools like Otter.ai to writing tools such as ChatGPT or Jasper and a variety of presentation tools or analysis tools.
- Willingness to travel as needed to meet clients and attend industry events.
- The ability to articulate, clearly and calmly, gaps or opportunities and facilitate multi and interdisciplinary sessions to rally product, marketing, and sales et al to swarm to a solution
How you can stand out:
- Experience in a high-growth or startup environment (successful exits are great but going from Seed to Series B/C is especially in focus) .
- Hands on data analysis and RevOps experience.
- Strong network in the industry with established client relationships especially in the Energy/Utilities or Regional Banking sector.
- The ability to draft/shape/inspire case studies.
Founded in Pittsburgh, PA by Carnegie Mellon University alumni, BlastPoint is a data-driven, AI based customer intelligence product company. We sell our proven SaaS based technology to mid-sized and large organizations. Our unique data-driven customer intelligence technology allows organizations to develop predictive, action-ready, objective-oriented insights: from developing customer strategies, to optimizing customer engagement, to enabling the overall customer journey. BlastPoint’s key differentiator is its highly targeted, objective-driven intelligence.
BlastPoint is growing rapidly (300%-400% YoY), and has multiple large customers already established (billion dollars +). BlastPoint is presently engaged with large utilities, insurance and banking institutions, as well as large automakers, including Electric Vehicle manufacturers and customers in other related industries. With our rapid growth and proven technology, we are looking to build our sales team quickly for continued growth and expansion into multiple industries and countries.
Why You Should Work for Us
- Focus: Everyone at BlastPoint is highly motivated and driven for success. BlastPoint’s unique technology has brought significant results to our customers, creating huge opportunities for growth and developing a brand in the customer intelligence domain. BlastPoint offers an open culture to its employees, allowing them to bring new ideas and offer freedom in achieving results and objectives.
- Growth: BlastPoint is poised to make a difference in customer intelligence space and is at the brink of multifold growth. BlastPoint is a fit for anyone who wants to grow their career fast, take challenges, and make it big.
- Solve Challenging Problems: Customer intelligence is required in every aspect of business. BlastPoint’s platform incorporates cutting-edge approaches to geospatial data, machine learning, psychographic clustering, data enrichment, and a dynamic visualization environment–all at scale.
- Have An Impact: Small but mighty, BlastPoint’s growth is due to big companies increasingly trusting us with supporting key decisions using their most sensitive data. What we do positively impacts the lives of millions of Americans (and beyond).
- Make Positive Change in the World: BlastPoint is all about green value. Our solutions reduce paper consumption, help struggling families pay their bills, and promote clean energy. We also offer our platform for free to nonprofits and civic-oriented organizations.
- Employee-Focused Culture: We support the individual needs of our team, from schedule and time-off flexibility to generous compensation benefits. We also tailor growth opportunities, from skills training to industry conferences.
- Equal Opportunity Employer: BlastPoint is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace, ensuring equal employment opportunities for individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.