Digital VLSI Design Intern (Headquarters)
Who We Are
MemryX, Inc. is an AI chip startup company headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, with branches in Taiwan and India. We develop highly scalable and innovative AI accelerator chips that offer high performance, low energy, and customer ease of implementation for embedded Edge AI applications and real-time data processing. The company has working HW & SW for customer sampling, with production in the pipeline, and a system architecture designed for future. MemryX is backed by excellent VC funding and is currently in a stage of rapid growth.
While our tech is one of a kind, we would not be able to make these advancements without our team. Our collaborative culture is one of the keys to our success.
Who You Are
- You are an open and honest communicator who values your team.
- You are innovative, enjoy bringing new ideas to the table and are receptive to ideas and feedback from others.
- You’re passionate about advancing the state of the world through new technologies.
- You enjoy the ambiguity and pace of a startup environment.
What you will be doing:
- AI Accelerator microarchitecture design at module/IP/system levels.
- Power/performance/area analysis and optimization at RTL/model levels.
- Design space exploration for new device/package/IO technologies.
What we expect to see:
- BS, MS or PhD in electrical engineering, computer engineering or computer science with a special focus on digital system design, computer architecture or computer hardware design.
- Experience in RTL design.
What we would be happy to see:
- Experience in SystemC modeling of hardware designs.
- Experience in ARM processor, bus design, SoC integration, standard interfaces protocols and common IP blocks.
- Experience in design flows for simulation, synthesis, verification, design for testing, static timing analysis, logic equivalence check, etc.
- Experience in chip tape-out and volume production, especially in sub-40nm nodes.
- Skilled in system verification such as FPGA prototype buildup and debug.
- Familiarity with script programming such as shell script, make, Python, etc.
- Willing to take on challenges, and effective English communications and co-work with other team members.
Work location: Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Hours: Full time intern, Winter 2024 or Summer 2024