Head of VLSI and Site Lead
Who We Are
MemryX, Inc. is an AI semiconductor startup company headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, with branches in Taipei and Hsinchu, Taiwan and Bangalore, India. We develop highly scalable and innovative AI accelerator chips that offer high performance, low energy, and customer ease of implementation for embedded Edge AI vision-based applications and real-time data processing. Company has working HW & SW for customer sampling, with production designs in the pipeline, and a system architecture designed a future of neuromorphic computing. MemryX is backed by excellent VC funding and is currently in a stage of rapid growth.
While our tech is one of a kind we would not be able to make these advancements without our team. Our collaborative culture is one of the keys to our success.
Who You Are
- You are an open and honest communicator who values your team
- You are innovative, enjoy bringing new ideas to the table and are receptive to ideas and feedback from others
- You’re passionate about advancing the state of the world through new technology
- You enjoy the ambiguity and pace of a startup environment
This leadership role will be responsible for the global VLSI efforts at MemryX and India Site Management. It is a highly visible role reporting to VP Engineering with ownership of all pre/post Si activities, leading interface with external EDA, IP, Design Service partners, managing the India site operations and a global VLSI team.
What you will be doing:
- Ownership of pre-Si Design/Verification of the next-gen AI accelerator at MemryX, driving deliverables with Design and IP Service providers, CAD tools, IPs, DFT/PD/Packaging and Test.
- Drive the pre-Si design execution efforts to high quality Si PPA and schedule metrics. Define and drive post-Si activities of Bring-Up, Functional and Electrical Validation, characterization to production.
- Work closely with internal Architecture, SW, Emulation, and system board designers on product definition, microarchitecture, and design implementation.
- Build and manage the VLSI team of front-end design and verification engineers across India and Taiwan.
- Manage the India site responsibilities working with Legal, Finance, Operations, and India Board.
- Establish best practices for development, testing, reviews, and documentation.
- Participate in strategic discussions for product features and roadmap.
What we expect to see:
- BS/MS in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with 20+ years of experience in VLSI, SOC design, several Si tape-out/production.
- Hands-on experience in front-end design/verification, VLSI flows, and working experience for all aspects of Si tape-out, post-Si validation.
- Self-driven, organized with strong leadership and communication skills.
- Experience in building and managing teams with the ability to motivate and lead in a startup environment.
- Proven track record in several successful productizations.
What we would be happy to see:
- Knowledge of AI, specifically Deep Neural Networks
- Application-specific accelerators or co-processors
- Startup experience
- Site Leadership experience
Reports to: VP of Engineering
Work location: Bangalore, India
Hours: Full time
Employment Opportunity and Benefits of Employment: We are committed to creating and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace environment for all of our employees. We are an equal opportunity employer.